The beginning, most would think, started December 19, 1998, our wedding date, but this however, is not the official beginning of our Tvedt Trek. We will begin with a much more significant event in our lives. This event took place at two different times in our lives and in two different parts of the country. The event I am referring to is our salvation experience. Adam and I both received Christ as our personal Savior as a result of a local Assembly of God church.
Adam grew up in the home of a minister; his father was an Administrator at Trinity Bible College, in North Dakota. It was at the North Dakota District Camp at the age of 9 that Adam gave his heart to the Jesus, in the years that followed his walk with the Lord became secondary as he pursued what he wanted to do. He became heavily involved in athletics: baseball, basketball and track dominated his life. He was offered a scholarship to play baseball at a small state school in North Dakota. Adam knew that he wanted to work with youth, so he went to college to be a teacher and coach, however, he was miserable. The power of a praying Grandmother is very real. She would pray for Adam all the time. She would even call him and pray for him over the phone. He decided to drop out of the college he was attending, after only two months of being there, then he moved to Scotts Valley, CA where his sister was attending Bethany College. He enrolled in classes but was quickly headed down the path of all fun and no work. Adam was invited to the Northern Cal/Nevada District Council where Donny Moore was the speaker. It was this night that his life changed course. God Reached out and Adam answered. He fell in love with Jesus who changed him from the inside out. It was this night he heard "His" voice loud and clear and was called into the ministry. Through circumstances beyond Adams control he began his trek back to Ellendale where he enrolled at Trinity Bible College. It was during the many chapel services while at Trinity Bible College, God Restored Adam. He healed his broken heart and began to prepare Adam for a life of ministry.
I was eight years old and my family made a major move across the country to Vernal, Utah. A neighbor invited my family to church and we became regular attenders. I will never forget that Sunday night when my little feet made the long walk to the front, where my amazing Pastor stood. He prayed with me as I gave my whole heart and life to Jesus. Jesus Reached out and Restored my little broken heart. My life was now headed on an amazing trek. I attended a private christian school those first few years of the trek. I was given an education and a firm foundation upon which to stand. I noticed in middle school first hand how important the first leg of the trek was. The firm foundation upon which I stood, set me up to make better choices and decisions, that affected the rest of my life. I was blessed with an amazing women who set an example how a young Godly woman should conduct herself. It was the Lord who used me in leadership roles in the local FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and in the youth ministry at my church. He gave me opportunity to go on two missions trips. I spent one month of the summer in Honduras and two months the following summer in Ghana, Africa. At the age of 15 while in Honduras, I heard "His" familiar voice call me into full time ministry. This Call lead me to continue my trek to Trinity Bible College.
This is the point where our two treks crossed paths. I graduated from TBC and married Adam the following December. In December of 2000, after Adam graduation, the Lord Released us into full time ministry. He gave us a verse that defines the Ministry we walk in: "The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted, He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners. To proclaim the favorable year of our Lord and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn." Isaiah 61:1-2 Our desire, our vision is to Reach the lost across the street and around the world. Restore broken lives to a loving Savior. To Release disciples into Kingdom work.
We are, with our Lord leading the way, beginning a new journey on this Tvedt Trek. After 9 years of youth/associate pastor we have heard that familiar voice calling to us again. We are in the process of transitioning to Lead Pastor. We are not sure where he will lead us geographically, we do know that we are committed to the Call, we will wait on Him and walk when the door is open.
No comments:
Post a Comment